Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Mama Elephant - Hello Pandas

Today is the last day for the Mama Elephant Color Challenge, so I saved the best for last. This is my favorite card I think I have ever made, so I thought it would be a great way to end the challenge. 

I knew I wanted to play with the Mini Distress Inks Cubes again. This time, I used Peacock Feathers, Broken China and Evergreen Bough. I put swatches of these on my craft mat, misted them, placed a piece of watercolor paper in in, and kept repeating the process (heat setting in between) until I was happy. After it was completely dry, I cut out a speech bubble using Speech Trio Creative Cut dies.

I knew I wanted dimension, so I cut the Hello Script Creative Cut out of Neenah Solar White cardstock six times. I glued them on top of each other, using Tombow Mono Multi Glue, creating a thick die cut. This would give me the dimension I wanted, without having to cut up tiny foam squares. :)

I liked that look so much, I repeated it with the pandas. I stamped two of the large pandas from Pandamonium and die-cut them using the coordinating Pandamonium Creative Cuts. I cut five more of each design out of Neena Solar White, and glued them in a stack, the same way as the hello cut.

After assembling the card, it was missing something...so using the scraps of the watercolor paper from the speech bubble, I cut out two Dainty Bows and created a bow time for the boy and a hair bow for the girl  (I did end up cutting the tails on the girl's bow, so they wouldn't get in her eyes.)

Too cute!


Materials Used:
Ranger Distress Ink Mini Cubes: Peacock Feathers, Broken China and Evergreen Bough
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Watercolor Paper

0 comments:

Post a Comment