Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Mama Elephant - Thanks

I have enjoyed the Mama Elephant Color Challenge, and have loved all the cards I have created. I have two more cards created for the challenge. The first is below.


I recently got all the Distress Ink Mini Cubes. I've been wanting to try Distress Inks, but never have gotten any, because I knew if I got one color, I would want them all. The Mini Cubes were the perfect solution. I could get a lot of colors with a smaller investment.

Using Versamark, I stamped the Thanks greeting with heart accent from the Mama Elephant Stitches stamp set, on watercolor paper. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I got out my Ranger Craft Mat, and laid out patches of color on the mat, in Broken China, Peacock Feathers and Scattered Straw. I misted the ink with water, and then dipped my stamped paper into it. I repeated this several times (heat setting between), until I was happy with the results.

I knew I wanted it to be a shaker card, but didn't want a plain front, so I went through my cardstock and found the perfect sheet. The B Side of the PrintShop Framed, by Studio Calico was absolutely perfect...it had the right colors, the appearance of stitched lines, and an awesome greeting. :)

After assembling the card, I wanted something extra, to fill the white space. I stamped one of the spools on a sheet of Woodland Whimsy (also from the Studio Calico Printshop collection). I wrapped it with some of my hand-dyed twine and attached it to the card with foam adhesive and some dabs of Glossy Accents to keep the twine in place.

I absolutely adore this card. I can't want for the perfect occasion to mail it to someone!


Materials Used:
Mama Elephant Stitches stamp set
Studio Calico Printshop Collection: Woodland Whimsy, Framed
Mini Distress Ink Pads: Broken China, Peacock Feathers and Scattered Straw
Clear Acetate
Various Sequins
Hand-dyed Twine

2 comments: