Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mama Elephant: Many Thanks

Last card for the night...another card for the Mama Elephant Color Challenge. :)


I've been wanting to use the Origami stamp set, so I decided to let them be the focal point of this card. I colored the crane and swan images, cut them out with the Coordinating Origami Creative Cuts. I wanted to pull in the gold color of the scoop in the inspiration photo, so I thought the swans would be pretty colored gold...and I was right. I love how they turned out!


I used the cloud pattern paper Atlas from Studio Calico as the backdrop for the cranes, but I wanted some unique water...so I pulled the Studio Calico exclusive Dots and Loops (from the May 2013 Planetarium Scrapbook kit). This is one of my favorite papers. I cut along the waves and tucked the swans behind them. I love how they look like they are actually swimming in the water!

Finally, for the sentiment, I wanted to keep it simple, so I stamped the banner from Many Thanks with Winter Creative Color Pigment Ink and cut it out. I do this of the four cards I've posted so far for the Mama Elephant challenge, this one is my favorite.

I have more even more cards I've made using the inspiration photo, so I'll be posting more over the next few days.

Materials Used:
Mama Elephant: Origami stamp set and Coordinating Origami Creative CutsMany ThanksWinter Creative Color Pigment Ink.
Studio Calico patterned cardstock: Dots and Loops, Atlas 
Copics

2 comments:

  1. I love the scene you've created in this card, Amy! Gorgeous work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Those waves are really amazing!

    ReplyDelete