Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mama Elephant - Make A Wish

When I saw the Mama Elephant Color Challenge, the inspiration photo really inspired me...so I've gone a little crazy making cards from it.


I love the colors, and the muted feel of the image, so I wanted to incorporate both of those in my cards. 

My first card is using the adorable Honey Bunny stamp set from Mama Elephant. I colored them with Copics, using the muted green and blue as the color palettes. When I placed them on the card base, I wasn't getting that muted feeling that I wanted...so Vellum saved the day! :) 

I also used the hill cuts from the Landscape Trio Creative Cuts and perched the bunny couple in between the hills. Finally, I used the Scalloped Frame from the Femme Frames Creative Cuts on the hills and matched it with the same on the vellum overlay.

The stars and greeting are from the Make A Wish set. I stamped and silver embossed the stars on the card base, and then silver embossed one star on top of the vellum, to make it stand out.

Don't they just look adorable, staring off at the starry sky?

Materials Used:
Hero Arts Layering Paper
Bazzil Card Stock
Copic Markers
Vellum
Silver Embossing Powder

0 comments:

Post a Comment